1. Protective Equipment: Always wear a DOT-compliant helmet, goggles, long sleeves, long pants, over-the-ankle boots, and gloves.
2. Trails: Never ride on paved roads except to cross when done safely and where permitted by law. Stick to the trails!
3. Don’t Drink and Ride: Never ride an ATV under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
4. Passengers: While on a designated single-rider ATV, never carry a passenger. Never carry more than 1 passenger on an ATV designated for 2 people.
5. Age Appropriate: Ensure you are always riding an ATV that is right for your age.
6. Supervise Children: Supervise any rider under the age of 16. ATVs are not toys!
7. Safety Course: Consider taking an ATV safety course and get safety certified.
We hope you have a great riding season. Enjoy the trails and stay safe! For more information on ATV safety or on ATV insurance, please give Nelligan Insurance Agency a call at (508) 697-3179 or visit us online at https://www.nelliganins.com/recreational-vehicles/.